You can now watch "Every Step You Take" for free on Nino Leitner's blog by clicking here. Also, he talks a lot about the background of the making and inception of this award-winning documentary.
Sunday, 7 July 2013
Monday, 23 January 2012
Happy to announce that we finally have a worldwide streaming opportunity for "Every Step You Take" ... for only $2.99 or €2.30, you can rent a web stream of the film, right here:
Monday, 10 January 2011
Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Tuesday, 30 June 2009
Sunday, 22 March 2009
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE is now available on Amazon Video On Demand, but for US customers only (for now!).
You can either rent or buy the download. Check it out below, and tell your friends about the film!
Thursday, 22 January 2009
We are glad to announce that "Every Step You Take" is about to have its TV world premiere on Saturday, 24 January 2009, on Austrian cable TV channel OKTO.
The documentary will air at 8.00 pm local time (GMT +1), and it will be followed by a panel discussion about video surveillance with a range of experts on the subjects, including Nino Leitner.
Exact broadcasting times and dates on OKTO (GMT +1):
Sa, 24/01/2009: 08:00 pm
So, 25/01/2009: 05:45 pm
So, 25/01/2009: 01:00 am
Sa, 31/01/2009, 10:00 pm
For details on the programme, please head over to the German version of the site.
Thursday, 6 November 2008
"Every Step You Take" is about to screen at Shared Planet 2008 at the University of Birmingham, UK! The event takes place 21 - 23 November 2008.
From the festival website:
Shared Planet is the UK’s largest student conferenceon world poverty, human rights and the environment. It brings hundreds of students together for a weekend packed with big-name speakers, skills and issue based workshops, debates, discussions, film and a massive party!
Here's the full film programme.
Friday, 31 October 2008
"Every Step You Take" will screen for free in Vienna, Austria, next week, followed by a controversial panel discussion on the topic of video surveillance and its implications.
Wednesday, November 5th, 2008
7:00 pm, Juridicum (University of Vienna), Schottenbastei 10-16, A-1010 Vienna
Lecture Hall U10
For more detailled information head over to the German section of this site.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Sunday, 12 October 2008
"Every Step You Take" is about to have its Belgian premiere at the "Festival of Liberties 08" ("Festival des Libertes 08"), which takes place in Brussels (Belgium) 16th - 26th October 2008.
The documentary takes part in the International Competition section of the festival.
The official festival description reads as follows:
"38 unedited films brought together in one international competition. Bolstered by the success of the first edition, the Festival des Libertés intends to celebrate cinematographic creation each year as a vector of resistance and cultural unity through a program of unedited, international films embellished with meetings with the creators. A jury comprised of personalities from diverse backgrounds will choose the film that, by its content, its engagement and its power of renunciation, reflects the questions brought to the festival regarding the defense of rights and liberties."
The film will screen on Tuesday 21 October at 7:30 pm in Flagey, Studio 1 - Place Sainte Croix - 1050 Brussels. The entry fee is € 5,-. For reservation details, please go here.
Friday, 20 June 2008
The renowned Spy Blog has posted a review of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE, and they seem quite excited about the film!
Here are some quotes:
"well researched, and thought provoking"
"Spy Blog strongly recommends this documentary to anyone interested in modern CCTV surveillance"
Here's the entire piece at Spy Blog right after the jump, and have a look at our updated press coverage section as well.
May and June 2008 were packed with additional screenings of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE, especially in Germany and Austria.
The peak of this screening tour were two additional festival screenings in the UK and Austria, and at both festivals the film was nominated for an award.
First is the "Festival of Nations" ("Festival der Nationen") in Austria, where EVERY STEP YOU TAKE won the "Ebenseer Bear"!
Only one day later, on 22 June 2008, EVERY STEP YOU TAKE screened at the prestigious International Filmmaker Festival in Kent, UK. There, the film was nominated for "Best Documentary", among only three other films. Click here for the full list of nominations [PDF Link].
What else happened in May and June 2008?
Here's a round-up (in reverse chronological order):
• 27 June 2008:
The International Filmmaker Festival - Awards
Awards Night at The International Filmmaker Festival (Kent, UK)
(Nominated for "Best Documentary")
• 22 June 2008:
The International Filmmaker Festival - screening
The International Filmmaker Festival screening of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE at 6pm at the Vue cinema Westward cross Broadstairs Kent
• 21 June 2008:
Festival of Nations (A)
Award Ceremony at the Festival of Nations (Festival der Nationen, Ebensee, A)
at the Kino Ebensee at 7:30 pm
• 11 June 2008:
TU Graz screening (A)
Screening at the University of Technology in Graz (Austria) followed by a panel discussion with Nino Leitner and other experts in the field of surveillance
• 28 May 2008:
urbanoFILMS #9 - Überwachung und Stadt (Berlin, Germany)
Screening at the "Geodätenstand" of the Technical University Berlin, followed by a panel discussion (organised by urbanophil - a network of modern urban architects in Berlin)
• 19-21 May 2008:
kinoachteinhalb screenings (Saarbruecken, Germany)
Organised by Grüne Jugend Saar and Pro Individuum, Nino Leitner came to the German city of Saarbruecken on 19 May to attend a screening of his film at the kinoachteinhalb [programme PDF link], followed by a lively panel discussion with representants by the Young Greens and the data protection association Pro Individuum. The film was screened again on 20 and 21 May.
• 16-18 May 2008:
31st Grenzland-Filmtage Selb (Film Festival in Germany)
Film festival screenings of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE as part of the "31st Grenzland-Filmtage Selb"
• 2 May 2008:
Metaday #13 (Vienna, Austria)
At the media art lab "Metalab" in Vienna, Nino Leitner held a lecture about video surveillance in Britain and showed lots of sneak peaks of his documentary.
Sunday, 24 February 2008
or contact sales@EveryStepYouTake.org for alternative payment options!
To order the film please use the button above. PayPal is processing the order, but you do not have to have PayPal account to order - a credit card is enough.
If you have and questions or wish to use other payment options (like a money transfer), please contact sales@EveryStepYouTake.org directly. Higher volume orders might further reduce shipping fees - please contact for details. We are more than happy to assist.
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE was selected by Tiburon International Film Festival (in California, very close to San Francisco), where it had its long-overdue U.S. premiere! The screening was very well attended.
The festival took place from March 13 - 21, 2008.
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE screened on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 4:25 pm. Check out the full programme here and the programme entry for EVERY STEP YOU TAKE right here.
Monday, 22 October 2007
In November 2007, EVERY STEP YOU TAKE was screened in competition at WT Os International Film Festival in the town of Os in Norway. It was one among only four documentaries nominated for the Best Documentary award!
Check out the full festival programme here, and go to page 19 for a Norwegian synopsis of the documentary.
Though the Best Documentary award was won by the US documentary "Strictly Background", the nomination was a great honour and festival organizers told us attendance and reception of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE at the festival was very good. Thank you!
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE screened at WT Os International Film Festival in Norway on November 9, 2007 at 7:30 pm.
The second festival screening of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE in Austria after its world premiere in March 2007 at the Diagonale took place in November 2007 at the Austrian student film festival film:riss 07 in the beautiful town of Salzburg, where director Nino Leitner studied and finished the documentary as his diploma film.
The crew was happy for the festival to screen the film in the town where a lot of the editing and post-production work for the film was done.
Check out the official programme entry here.
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE screened at film:riss 07 in Salzburg (Austria) on November 15, 2007 at 7:00 pm.
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE had its great South American premiere in Brazil at the 31st Mostra - São Paulo International Film Festival back in October 2007!
The festival took place from October 19 - November 1 in the giant metropolis of São Paulo (Brazil). Director Nino Leitner flew all the way around the globe to attend the premiere in Brazil!
According to the official catalogue, Nino Leitner was the youngest filmmaker among all directors having a feature-length film screened at the festival! Over 470 films were screened at the festival.
Click here to watch the photo gallery from the exciting Brazilian premiere at this huge film festival!
23/10 at 16:00 at Centro Cultural São Paulo,
24/10 at 19:10 at Cine Pombril Sala 2.
• programme entry in English
• director entry in English
• programme entry in Portuguese
• director entry in Portuguese
some photographs © 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo
There, the film was screened with German subtitles for the first time. Optional German subtitles are available on the DVD version of the film, which can be ordered now.
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE was one of only a handful of films nominated for the "Friedensfilmpreis" (Peace Film Prize) of the city of Osnabrueck.
The documentary was screened on October 18 at 5:30 pm at the "Kino in der Lagerhalle". Download the full programme right here.
Director Nino Leitner flew in and attended the screening for a Q&A session after the screening. The German audience was very enthusiastic about the film and the Q&A session turned into a vivid discussion about various aspects the film brought up - also because of the fact that Osnabrueck's citizens themselves were facing their own recent installation of the first public video surveillance in the whole town - which of course stirred mixed opinions.
photos © 22. Unabhängiges FilmFest Osnabrück
Sunday, 29 July 2007
Less than a month after the UK premiere of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE at Cambridge Film Festival 2007, the huge Portobello Film Festival 2007 will host the London premiere of the documentary.
And the best: Admission to all events at Portobello Film Festival is free for all!
Portobello Film Festival 2007 takes place from 1 - 21 August 2007 in London at various venues. EVERY STEP YOU TAKE will be screened as part of the 'Documentary Day' on 5 August from 12 noon - 11 pm. According to the official programme of this day, EVERY STEP will be one of the last films, which means an evening premiere at approx. 8 pm. However, please be there earlier as the programmers might decide to screen the film earlier, and there will also be limited seating.
Check out the full official programme as PDF here (EVERY STEP is mentioned on pages 5 and 6) or just head over to the Portobello Film Festival website for details on everything.
Friday, 27 July 2007
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE had its UK premiere at the 27th Cambridge Film Festival, and it was a great success. The documentary became a runner-up for the audience award, it is in the top ten list of this year's Cambridge Film Festival's most popular films.
Director Nino Leitner was available for a Q&A session right after the screening on July 12. He was confronted with a very interested, yet concerned audience that involved him in an interesting discussion about various aspects on the film.
The Q&A session was recorded in its entirety, you can watch it right here:
"I was very happy to be invited to this prestigious event, which is one of the UK's largest film festivals. The documentary finally reach its intended audience, the British people. The audience's reactions were very positive," states director Nino Leitner, "it really seems like the topic was being seen as underrepresented in British media not just by me".
"I've never before been to a festival that was as filmmaker-friendly as Cambridge Film Festival, the organizers were amazing. I hope to be invited again to Cambridge in the future, it was great fun!"
Please visit the official website of the 27th Cambridge Film Festival for details. Here you find the official festival listing of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE. Here you can find the official programme for this year's Cambridge Film Festival - find the entry for EVERY STEP YOU TAKE on page 46 or right here.
The film was screened on Thursday, July 12, at 4:30 pm, at the Arts Picturehouse in Cambridge.
Last but not least a promo interview with Nino Leitner shot by a CFF staff member before the premiere:
Monday, 2 July 2007
We are happy to give notice that only one week after the announcement of the UK premiere of EVERY STEP YOU TAKE at the Cambridge Film Festival, we are lucky to present another festival screening of the documentary:
Libertas Film Festival, which takes place from June 29 - July 4, 2007 in the gorgeous town of Dubrovnik, Croatia, is going to host the Croatian premiere of our film.
Find out more about the festival on its official website.
Screening date and time:
Saturday, June 30, 2007, 04:30 pm at the Theatre Marin Držić in Dubrovnik.
Find the address of Theatre Marin Držić here.
Here you can find the full screening schedule including all films being shown at the Libertas Film Festival 2007.
We're so exited to be there along with only a very small range of other very ambitious, but mostly much 'bigger' documentaries!
Tuesday, 3 April 2007
"Celluloid", July 2007
"econova", June 2007
"Tirolerin", May 2007
"6020", May 2007
This was broadcast on 03/04/2007 at 19:00 (7 pm) on ORF in the programme "Tirol Heute", a regional programme in Nino Leitner's home county Tirol in Austria. A five minute special, including an excerpt of the film and quite a long studio interview with Nino Leitner that was live on air!
This and the other reports will be subtitled in the coming days. Sorry for the long delay!
Several new print media reports have been published, most notably two different two-page reports in the Tyrolean magazines "Tirolerin" and "6020"! Check out once again the updated press section for other new reports! (Note: All the new reports are in German.)
There has already been quite some media buzz about this film and the project in general. Here are all the media reports that have been published so far - please let us know if you find anything else about the film in the media (mail us via press@EveryStepYouTake.org).
Print media in English:
• 31st Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - official programme catalogue, October 2007, page 449
• Cambridge Film Festival 2007 - official programme, entry on page 46
Print media in German:
• Intro.de - DVD Rezension (review) "Every Step You Take"
• Neue Osnabruecker Zeitung, 18/10/2007, p29 - "300-mal pro Tag vor der Kamera"
• 22. Unabhaengiges FilmFest Osnabrueck - official programme catalogue, entry on page 12
• Celluloid, July 2007, page 36 - "Big Brother ist Realität"
• econova, June 2007, page 168 - "Big brothers watching you"
• Schikaneder cinema programme guide, page 4
• 6020 Magazine, May 2007, pages 36-37 - "Große Brüder" - Portrait of Nino Leitner and the film success at this year's Diagonale festival
• Tirolerin, May 2007, pages 20-21 - "Nino Leitner - Auf Schritt und Tritt im Fernsehen" - Portrait of Nino Leitner and interview about the film
• Weekend Magazine, 07/04/2007, page 71 - "Schritt für Schritt"
• Kurier, 22/03/2007, page 15 - Portrait of Nino Leitner
• Der Standard - DerDiagonaleStandard Special, 19/03/2007 - Tipps - Überwachung (online version)
• Falter Diagonale 07 special, page 26 - synopsis
• Tiroler Tageszeitung, 23/03/2007, page 14 - Tirolean filmmakers at the Diagonale
• Diagonale 07 Festival Catalogue Entry, cover, pages 76-77, 98-99
TV and radio reports (all in German so far):
• 3Sat, 13/03/2007, 22:25, "Neues vom österreichischen Film" - short presentation of the documentary
• ORF 1, 22/03/2007, "shorts and skirts - die lange Nacht des kurzen Films" - presentation of Nino Leitner's short film "Auszeit", which has won the Shorts on Screen 07 Award for Tirol - followed by a short portrait of the director including a preview of "Every Step You Take"
• ORF2, 03/04/2007, "Tirol Heute" - presentation of the documentary, live interview with Nino Leitner!
• Infoscreen Vienna, 14/06/2007 - preview of the film for the last Schikaneder screening, shown in all Infoscreen-equipped Underground stations all over Vienna!
• Radio Tirol, 31/05/2007 - announcement of the "Night of Tyrolean Short Film" at the ORF Kulturhaus Tirol on Juni 1, 2007, including an interview with Nino Leitner about his career in film, short films and his documentary (about 3 minutes)
• Radio Tirol, 03/04/2007 - interview with Nino Leitner, teaser for the "Tirol Heute" interview
• Radio FR 107,1 Freistadt - programme "n.o.w - das jugendmagazin"
Audio reports (only German so far):
• Diagonale 07 press conference, 09/03/2007 in Vienna (excerpt)
• 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - Interview with Director Nino Leitner - scroll down! (English)
• 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - Director's website entry (English)
• 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - Official programme website entry (English)
• WT Os International Film Festival 2007 - Official Programme (English and Norwegian)
• Tiburon International Film Festival - official website entry (English)
• Portobello Film Festival - Official Programme (PDF link, English)
• Cambridge Film Festival - Festival newsletter 20/07/2007, announcing Audience Award top ten and winner (English)
• Cambridge Film Festival - Official Programme (PDF link, page 46, English)
• Cambridge Film Festival - "Every Breath You Take" interview (English)
• Cambridge Film Festival - audience reviews of "Every Step You Take" (English)
• Cambridge Film Festival - photo of Nino Leitner by official festival photographer Tom Catchesides
• Libertas Film Festival - Official Programme website entry (English)
• DrehPunktKultur.at 16/11/2007 - "Laecheln in die (Ueberwachungs-)kamera" (German)
• Winnis Weblog - Interview with Nino Leitner, 5/11/2007 (German)
• UniBlog Uni Osnabrueck 18/10/2007 - "Every Step You Take und Die Luecke im System"
• drehpunktkultur.at 22/03/2007 - Millionen Filmstars wider Willen (German)
• FM4 Diagonale Log #2 22/03/2007 (German)
• chilli.cc 20/03/2007 - Diagonale wird zehn (German)
• Der Grosse Bruder 27/03/2007 - Videodoku "Every Step You Take" (German)
• Der Standard (APA) 22/03/2007 - Salzburgerin gewinnt Nachwuchswettbewerb "shorts on screen" (German)
• Salzburger Nachrichten 23/03/2007 - Diagonale (German)
• APA-OTS 22/03/2007 - shorts on screen 07 Preisvergabe (German)
• falter.at Filmvorschau - Every Step You Take (German)
• FH Salzburg News 23/03/2007 - Nino Leitners und Laura Nöbauers Filme wurden/werden gezeigt (German)
• Ö1 Kulturkalender (German)
• subnet.at 08/02/2007 (German)
• Global CCTV Hub
• Interview with Nino Leitner on informationpolitics.com (full PDF transcript)
• Surveillance Studies
• The Ideal Government Project
• 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - Interview with Director Nino Leitner - scroll down! (Portuguese)
• detsimpleliv.dk October 2007 (Danish)
• 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - Director's website entry (Portuguese)
• 31a Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo - Official programme website entry "CADA PASSO QUE VOCÊ DÁ (2007)" (Portuguese)
• « Les caméras n’ont pas empêché la mort de Jamie… » - Nino Leitner, auteur d’un documentaire sur la vidéosurveillance (French)
• Revista Dois Pontos (Portuguese)
• Cumhuriyet Pazar Dergi (Turkish Newspaper 11/02/2007- PDF Link), (online version here)
Please report broken links here. Thanks!
Monday, 2 April 2007
We are glad to announce the first regular public screenings of "Every Step You Take" in Austrian cinemas!
(Click on the photos to get a larger view of the flyer that is on Vienna's streets, café's and clubs now!)
After its successful world premiere at Diagonale 07 film festival in March, "Every Step You Take" will be screened at select Austrian cinemas and locations starting in June.
The first cinema to screen the documentary is the "Schikaneder" cinema in Vienna. (Screenings at the "Leokino" cinema in Innsbruck have been delayed until fall this year.)
EXTENSION! Due to the success, three more screenings at the Schikaneder have been scheduled for the summer months. This time, they're gonna be "late night specials" at 11.00 pm.
Here are the NEW screening dates at the Schikaneder cinema (attention, times partially changed!):
• Friday, August 10, 23:00
• Friday, August 17, 23:00
• Friday, August 24, 23:00
• Sa, June 6, 19:00
• Tu, June 12, 21:00
• Tu, June 19, 19:00
This is the address of Schikaneder cinema:
Reservations online here or via phone: +43 (0)1 58 55 888, from 18:00 each day via +43 (0)1 58 52 867.
This film preview was shown on June 14, 2007 on Infoscreens all over Vienna's Underground stations.
On June 1, there was a special screening of Nino Leitner's award-winning short "Auszeit" (it was awarded with the Best Tyrolean Short Film prize by the public television's Short on Screen short film competition) at the ORF Kulturhaus Tyrol in Innsbruck as part of the "Night of Tyrolean Short Film". As a bonus at the very end, there was a free screening of "Every Step You Take" - both films were very well received by the audience!
Check some photos of the interview with ORF host Thomas Arbeiter here, and a video of the (German) interview right below:
Wednesday, 28 March 2007
The film has premiered at the DIAGONALE 07 - FESTIVAL OF AUSTRIAN FILM, in Graz/Austria, 19th - 25th March 2007.
Both first screenings of the film on 21st and 23rd March at the Schubert Kino in Graz, were sold out completely!
But not enough: The audience has made "Every Step You Take" one out of 5 finalists for the new DIAGONALE AUDIENCE AWARD, so it is one of five most popular films of the entire film festival.
42 films were in this competition, and "Every Step You Take" is the only finalist which had absolutely no funding or production company!
The Audience Award has finally been won by "Vienna's Lost Daughters" by Mirjam Unger, an amazing documentary about eight strong women who have fled the Nazis as little girls from Vienna and live in New York now.
Click one of the photos or here for the full photo gallery of the world premiere of "Every Step You Take".
EVERY STEP YOU TAKE is now in its festival submission phase.
Please check back regularly for updates on when and where else it will be shown. It will also be screened and/or released in the UK.
Sunday, 4 March 2007
This TV report (in German language) was broadcast on the German/Austrian/Swiss channel 3Sat on 13th March at 10:25 pm, as part of the programme "Neues vom österreichischen Film".
This mini portrait (in German language) was broadcast on ORF 1 Austrian public television as part of "shorts and skirts - die lange Nacht des kurzen Films" ("the long night of short film") on 22/03/2007 at 22:25 (10:25 pm). Nino Leitner has won the "Shorts on Screen 07" competiton for his county Tirol with his short film "Auszeit", a film that was entirely created within 36 hours.